About Saint James
Traditional, Innovative and Inclusive
Where faith, hope, and love have been growing in the heart of downtown Lancaster for over 270 years. Traditional and innovative, inter-generational and diverse, our worship inspires us to reach out and look within as we grow in faith and fellowship.
We are a community of:
- Joyful worship
- Contemplative prayer
- Generous living
- Holy dying
We are a community that:
- Respects the dignity, worth, and difference every person makes in the world.
- Is an ecumenical and open church welcoming believers from many different faith traditions.
- Celebrates Holy Communion with all the other Sacraments of the Church, given to us by Christ and the early Church.
- Deepens our spirituality through contemplative prayer and practices, including Christian meditation.
- Grows as disciples of Jesus Christ by asking questions and seeking answers through life-long learning
- Serves the community through many ministries that address the social, spiritual, and economic poverty in our midst