Pledging and Contributing
A Response to God’s Call and Abundance
A pledge is your commitment to make a financial gift that supports the mission of Saint James. Pledging is a response to God’s call and abundance in our own lives: it is a statement of thanksgiving. Annual pledges support everything we do and are at Saint James, but in order to know what we can do each year, we need to receive pledge commitments on which to develop an annual budget. You can make a pledge at any time, not just during the fall stewardship campaign.
Ways to Give
- Pledge envelopes: If you give by check or with cash, personalized giving envelopes are available by request. Please email Nicolette Norris at the church office, and she will be happy to assign you envelopes.
- ACH (automatic) deduction through your bank or credit union:
Authorize Saint James to process an automatic withdrawal from your bank account on the 15th or the 30th of the month. Contact our bookkeeper, Ginny Fields, to get started.
Give Securely Online
Saint James uses ACS Technologies to manage its database and online giving. This safe and secure portal has a variety of ways in which to receive your pledges, offerings and contributions. You can make a one-time gift, set up recurring gifts, select the funds you’d like to give to, check your giving for the year and even enter a pledge. You can process your gift using your bank account or using a major credit/debit card. The church incurs some fees for this convenience, although they are minimal. The very lowest fees are on gifts made directly from a checking or savings account.
- As a member or frequent attender: Simply create an account with ACS Technologies. After you set up your profile and account preferences, you’ll be all set. You must have a Saint James Access ACS account to use this site.
- As a guest: No account is needed when you give as a guest, and you will receive an email receipt for your records. Click here to give directly through the secure ACS portal.
- Give using the mobile app: Download the free Church Life™ ACS app. You’ll be able to give in seconds from your phone. You must have an Access ACS account to use the app.
Get the app for your iPhone.
Get the app for Google Play.
- Give by text message: Send a text to the number 73256. In the text, type “saintjames” as one word, no space. After it, type the amount you’d like to give. You’ll get a text back with a link to a giving screen where you can enter your payment info and even select the fund you’d like to give to and indicate a one-time or recurring gift. The first time you give by text, it takes about 2 minutes–the next time, 10 seconds! Your gifts will be credited to your giving account at Saint James if you are a member or active non-member.
Create an Account with ACS
Manage your online giving safely and securely.Create an Account