1818 - 1818 – The vestry decides to replace the original Saint James building

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858 
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector 
The Rev. Richard C. Bauer, Associate Rector

Archive Posts

The vestry decides to replace the original Saint James building

In 1818 the vestry began to seek subscriptions for a new brick building to replace the old stone one. Among the subscribers was James Buchanan, later President of the United States.

Although he himself was a Presbyterian, his niece Harriet Lane was a member of Saint James. In 1819 the old building was razed to the ground and the site cleared.

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector
The Rev. Shayna Watson, Associate Rector
The Rev. Glenn Miller, Priest Associate

Weekend Services

Sunday Mass 8:30 AM
Sunday Mass 10:30 AM

The Rt. Rev. Dr. Audrey Scanlan, Bishop
Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania

Locate