Weddings at Saint James
About Weddings at Saint James
- We assume any couple seeking to be married at Saint James desires a deep connection with this parish as they renew their faith and explore what it means to them.
- Date and time must be approved by clergy.
- We do not perform weddings on Sundays or during Lent, Easter, the Christmas and New Year’s holiday season.
- Our priests officiate at all weddings, but a guest priest/pastor may assist at our clergy’s approval.
- Saint James is a traditional Episcopal Church that uses the beautiful wedding service according to the Book of Common Prayer.
- Wedding vows are taken in the name of God. We assume any couple seeking to be married at Saint James is either already a member or desires a deep connection with this parish as they renew their faith or explore what the Christian faith means to them.
- All couples must receive pre-marital counseling and will meet with clergy as needed.
- The wedding rehearsal, with officiating clergy person and designated organist, begins at 5 PM the evening before the wedding and lasts one hour.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the building or anywhere on the Saint James campus.
- Saint James is a smoke free campus.
Wedding Photography at Saint James
The wedding photography policy for Saint James is as follows:
- Pictures can be taken before and/or after the ceremony inside the church and around the churchyard.
- No flash photography is permitted during the ceremony; flash before and after the wedding is allowed.
- During the ceremony – pictures can be taken from the side aisles, from the back of the center aisle, and from the door by the high altar. The verger or priest will show you how far you can go up the center aisle and how to get to the door by the high altar on the day of the wedding.
- All photography inside the church must be done by 3:30 PM.
Application for Holy Matrimony
Our clergy will need to approve your proposed wedding date and time after your application is completed. When your wedding date is confirmed by clergy, we will need a $500.00 deposit to secure the date. The balance is due prior to the wedding rehearsal.
Please complete and submit the application below.
Saint James invests a great deal of time and talent of its congregation in making your wedding day special. The cost associated with being married at Saint James reflects the quality and care that the whole team invests in every wedding, as well as the costs associated with such a beautiful historic church setting. The standard cost of a wedding is $1,500.00 for members and $2,500.00 for non-members, and includes a rehearsal, music, bulletins, and dressing areas. Marriage preparation and flowers are arranged separately with the Parish. When there is a committed relationship with the church, and some adjustments to standard fees are required, then the clergy are able to work with the couple to ensure the service remains affordable.