Daughters of the King
Harriet Lane Johnston Chapter
The Order of the Daughters of the King (DOK) is spiritual sisterhood dedicated to a life of prayer, service, and evangelism. Each Daughter promises to follow a rule of life of daily prayer and service for the work of extending Christ’s kingdom.
The Daughters meet monthly throughout the year and offer the women of the parish each year the opportunity to enter a period of discernment for membership in Daughters of the King.
Areas of Service
The Daughters serve in a variety of areas and capacities. Here are just a few:
- Maundy Thursday overnight vigil including signing up volunteers and praying during the last hour at 6 AM Good Friday morning
- Human trafficking awareness (new service focus in 2018)
- Card ministry sending welcoming and congratulatory cards from the church to acknowledge births, weddings and new members
- All Souls evening service as ushers, readers, assistants with candle lighting and readers of the list of the departed
- Prayer room at Diocesan convention
- Diocesan assembly host on a rotating basis
- Hospitality activities upon request of the rector
For more information about the DOK, please contact chapter president, Susan Landin.
Daughters of the King are women who desire a closer walk with the Lord. We are Christian women, both lay and ordained, who are strengthened through the discipline of a Rule of Life, and supported through the companionship of our sisters. We are all at different stages of our Christian journey – some have just begun and some have been on this path for a long time. But no matter where we are on our sacred journeys, our primary goal is the same – to know Jesus Christ and to make Him known to others. Learn more about The Order of the Daughters of the King.
Looking fora deeper spiritual life?
You may want to consider becoming a member of theDaughters of the KingEmail Susan Landin