Race Against Racism
Helping Lancaster’s YWCA and itsSocial Justice and Advocacy Programs
The YWCA is the oldest and largest multi-racial women’s organization in the world. Since its inception in 1855, It has been at the forefront of working for justice, equity and peace through the elimination of racism. Each year, Saint James participates in the annual Race Against Racism to help support the YWCA’s social justice and advocacy programs.
Race Day 2018
Mark your calendars! YWCA Lancaster’s Race Against Racism is Saturday, April 28, and will be held rain or shine. Registration is now open.
Saint James Team
If you want to be a part of the Saint James Race Against Racism team, you must register online. All runners and walkers are welcome to participate. Check back in 2018 for the link to register online
Race Day Preparations
- Our team captain will pick up our racing bibs and T-shirts prior to the race.
- On the day of the race, we will meet in the parish house where we’ll pick up our T-shirts and bibs
- At 8:30 AM, we will gather for prayer and a photo.
- During the race, someone will remain in the parish house to guard any valuables.
- After the race refreshments are served back at the parish house
Our participation in the Race Against Racism helps the YWCA fund their social justice programs. For more information on those programs, click here.