1838 - 1838 – A home for orphans

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858 
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector 
The Rev. Richard C. Bauer, Associate Rector

Archive Posts

A home for orphans

The foundation of the Saint James Orphan Asylum was one of the first fruits of the parish under Bowman’s leadership. Initial funding came from two legacies: one from the late Mary Yeates Smith, a daughter of Judge Yeates and widow of Judge Charles Smith; the other a gift of her son, the late Theodore H. Smith. The interest from these legacies combined with state funding of $1000 a year for 10 years provided care to destitute orphans regardless of religious denomination.

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector
The Rev. Shayna Watson, Associate Rector
The Rev. Glenn Miller, Priest Associate

Weekend Services

Sunday Mass 8:30 AM
Sunday Mass 10:30 AM

The Rt. Rev. Dr. Audrey Scanlan, Bishop
Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania



Locate