Caring for one another in times of need
Pastoral care ministries at Saint James support parishioners at life’s major turning points, as well as during extended periods of disability and recovery. A team of clergy and lay persons provide timely, professional pastoral care in an intimate and confidential manner. Our team respects parishioners’ rights to privacy and keeps strictly confidential all information about anyone receiving pastoral care.
When do we need pastoral care?
- During times of acute illness or hospitalization
- When death is near and in times of sorrow or loss
- When wanting to pre-plan your funeral
- For those who are home-bound and those temporarily not able to attend our services
- When welcoming new additions to your family
- For those having significant health or non-health related concerns
- When we feel lost and need spiritual direction
Emergency pastoral care
Emergency pastoral care is available seven days a week, 24 hours per day by calling 717.397.4858 as soon as you are able. If you call at night or on weekends or get the parish’s recorded telephone message during the day, please select option “2” as prompted. An operator from our pastoral care answering service will answer and connect you with a member of the Pastoral Care Team.
Practical help in times of need
Caring Cooks and members of Daughters of the King make and coordinate delivery of meals for parishioners who have had a birth, death, surgery, illness or crisis in the family. If you or someone you know is in need of a meal, please email Ashley Ramsay for more information.
Need Pastoral Care?
Please let us know if you are sick or anticipate a stay in the hospital. We have no way of knowing you need pastoral care unless we hear from you.Email Debbie