1857 - 1857 – A new preparatory school for boys

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858 
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector 
The Rev. Richard C. Bauer, Associate Rector

Archive Posts

A new preparatory school for boys

The Yeates Institute of Lancaster, a preparatory school for boys was among the first boarding schools of the Episcopal Church. The school was endowed by Miss Catherine Yeates in memory of her father, the Hon. Jasper Yeates, Judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and warden of the Church for many years. The school became widely known for its classical training of boys. It was originally situated on the corner of Chestnut and Charlotte Streets. Click image to enlarge.

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector
The Rev. Shayna Watson, Associate Rector
The Rev. Glenn Miller, Priest Associate

Weekend Services

Sunday Mass 8:30 AM
Sunday Mass 10:30 AM

The Rt. Rev. Dr. Audrey Scanlan, Bishop
Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania



Locate