The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector
The Rev. Richard C. Bauer, Associate Rector
Saint James Parochial School closes
In 1872 the school had 3 teachers and 120 pupils, but by 1889 there was 1 female teacher and 12 female pupils. A lack of paying pupils caused by the development of the public school system and high schools led to its closure.