1744 - 1744 – Saint James is formally organized

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858 
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector 
The Rev. Richard C. Bauer, Associate Rector

Archive Posts

Saint James is formally organized

Saint James is formally organized with Rev. Richard Locke (a missionary from the SPG), church wardens and vestrymen. Services are held in the court house. Later that year, James Hamilton gives three town lots to the Saint James Parish so a church could be built and a churchyard could be established. Hamilton also made a subscription toward the erection of a church building. Click image to enlarge.

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector
The Rev. Shayna Watson, Associate Rector
The Rev. Glenn Miller, Priest Associate

Weekend Services

Sunday Mass 8:30 AM
Sunday Mass 10:30 AM

The Rt. Rev. Dr. Audrey Scanlan, Bishop
Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania



Locate