1871 - 1871 – A beautiful church

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858 
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector 
The Rev. Richard C. Bauer, Associate Rector

Archive Posts

A beautiful church

Under the leadership of the Rev. Edward Shippen Watson, Saint James was enlarged and the interior transformed. Formed by the Oxford movement and an aesthetic sense cultivated in Europe, Watson oversaw the construction of apse in the chancel and the extension of the building east in accordance with the plans of the architect Charles M. Burns. The ceiling of the new apse was painted by Ludwig Reingruber, artist and painter then living in Lancaster.

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector
The Rev. Shayna Watson, Associate Rector
The Rev. Glenn Miller, Priest Associate

Weekend Services

Sunday Mass 8:30 AM
Sunday Mass 10:30 AM

The Rt. Rev. Dr. Audrey Scanlan, Bishop
Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania



Locate