In 1899 the Rev. Frederic H. Gardner became headmaster. He brought with him new teaching methods and a commitment to raising the school’s endowment. That same year the school’s trustees bought a beautiful site at Greenland along Lincoln Highway East. Known as Eshleman Mill the 107 acre property with a Georgian house, old mill and many other buildings provided an idyllic setting for a school.