Early 1880s - 1880 – A new choral tradition begins

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858 
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector 
The Rev. Richard C. Bauer, Associate Rector

Archive Posts

A new choral tradition begins

Until Knight, the choir consisted only of adults. He introduced a vested choir of men and boys in the early 1880s. In 1883 the Ross Music Fund was established by Miss Mary E. Ross of Philadelphia who presented $1,000 to be devoted to the creation of a fund in support of church music at Saint James.

Contact

Saint James Episcopal Church
119 North Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
717.397.4858
Office@saintjameslancaster.org

The Rev. David W. Peck, Rector
The Rev. Shayna Watson, Associate Rector
The Rev. Glenn Miller, Priest Associate

Weekend Services

Sunday Mass 8:30 AM
Sunday Mass 10:30 AM

The Rt. Rev. Dr. Audrey Scanlan, Bishop
Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania

Locate